Helton Law Logo

4035 Douglas Way, Suite 116
Lake Oswego, OR 97035

(503) 303-0057

4035 Douglas Way, Suite 116
Lake Oswego, OR 97035

(503) 303-0057

Practice Areas

Helping You Regain Control

Legal issues and the potential for litigation can make your normal life seem like a distant memory. We’re here to help you navigate today’s complex legal system and to help you regain control of your life.   We negotiate favorable settlements of your case if possible.  But if needed, as zealous and experienced advocates, we present your case in the most constructive way if going to court is necessary.

Family Law

Thinking about a divorce? Need to modify the terms of a previous judgment? We will help you understand the law, the divorce and modification process, and find cost-effective solutions for your particular circumstances.

  • Divorce
  • Child custody
  • Child support
  • Parenting time
  • Spousal support
  • Property division
  • Family Abuse Restraining Orders (FAPA)
  • Pre-nuptial and post-nuptial agreements

Estate Planning

We help create an estate plan that best suits your needs by understanding your family’s individual situation. Whether it is a simple will or a more complex trust, the goal is to avoid confusion and contention down the road.

  • Estate planning
  • Wills
  • Trusts
  • Power of Attorney
  • Advance Directive


When a loved one passes, it is often necessary to probate an estate in order to administer and follow the terms of the will or to manage the estate when there is no will (called intestate).  A probate gives you the authority and ensures that assets and creditors are handled correctly.  There are many steps and procedures that are required by law when probating a person’s estate.  We help you navigate those steps and procedures to ensure an efficient and timely administration of the estate.

  • Probate
  • Trust Administration
  • Small Estates
  • Will Contests

Guardianship and Conservatorship

Sometimes it becomes necessary to ask the court to grant you the authority to help a loved one – including adults and minors – when they cannot safely take care of themselves.  This means being able to enroll a minor in school, make medical appointments and medical decisions, pay a person’s bills, help them buy groceries, and to basically make sure they are taken care of when they can’t take care of themselves.  This is done through legal proceedings called a Guardianship or a Conservatorship; depending on what kind of help the loved one needs.

  • Guardianship
  • Conservatorship

Call Today For A Consultation (503) 303-0057